Massachusetts gov calls up National Guard over 50 Martha's Vineyard migrants
zinn
2022-09-17 07:59:58 UTC
Massachusetts called in the National Guard on Friday to deal with the
“humanitarian crisis” that locals claim was set off by just 50 migrants
being flown to Martha’s Vineyard by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis — before the
deep-blue state shifted the new arrivals to Cape Cod.

Three buses rolled up to St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church in Edgartown to
take the mostly Venezuelan migrants on the first leg of their journey from
the elite island of multimillion-dollar mansions — including a seven-
bedroom home owned by former President Barack Obama — to Joint Base Cape
Cod on the mainland.

The National Guard members will supplement work already underway by the
Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency, Gov. Charlie Baker’s office
said in a statement.

“Our Administration has been working across state government to develop a
plan to ensure these individuals will have access to the services they
need going forward, and Joint Base Cape Cod is well equipped to serve
these needs,” the governor said.

Baker added that the state emergency agency “is coordinating efforts among
state and local officials to ensure access to food, shelter and essential
services for these men, women and children.”

It’s unclear what duties would be performed by the National Guard members.

Baker said removing the migrants to Cape Cod was necessary because “the
island communities are not equipped to provide sustainable accommodation,
and state officials developed a plan to deliver a comprehensive
humanitarian response.”

Before getting on the ferry to the mainland, migrant Everlides Dela Hoz
told the Cape Cod Times she had no clue where she being taken, but was
told the location would be safe and equipped with beds.

Hoz added that she and other migrants leaving Martha’s Vineyard were told
they would get help finding work, according to the report.

Baker and DeSantis are both Republicans, but the Florida governor this
week sent two planeloads of migrants to Martha’s Vineyard to show
solidarity with Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s longer-running campaign to bus
migrants to Washington, DC, New York City and Chicago in a bid to pressure
Democrats into tightening border policies.

Abbott and DeSantis say they are shipping migrants north to help educate
others about the strain experienced by border states.

This year has already seen an all-time record number of illegal border
crossings. Fiscal year 2022, which ends Sept. 30, is expected to record
more than 2 million migrant encounters along the US-Mexico border, an
increase from 1.7 million in fiscal 2021, fewer than 500,000 in fiscal
2020 and nearly 1 million in fiscal 2019.

Critics blame President Biden’s border policies and his more welcoming
rhetoric to migrants. The Biden administration has relaxed a Trump-era
policy of turning away all illegal border-crossers, citing a CDC COVID-19
rule, and ended a policy of requiring migrants to remain in Mexico to
await court rulings on their asylum claims.

DeSantis spokeswoman Taryn Fenske said the flights to Martha’s Vineyard
were “part of the state’s relocation program to transport illegal
immigrants to sanctuary destinations.”

“States like Massachusetts, New York and California will better facilitate
the care of these individuals who they have invited into our country by
incentivizing illegal immigration through their designation as ‘sanctuary
states’ and support for the Biden administration’s open border policies,”
Fenske said.

Abbott’s efforts to bus migrants to Washington, New York City and Chicago
sparked panic and anger among local mayors. Democratic DC Mayor Muriel
Bowser declared a “state of emergency” and Chicago’s Democratic Mayor Lori
Lightfoot allegedly put migrants back on a bus — to a Republican-leaning
suburb.

On Thursday, Abbott’s administration delivered 101 migrants to Vice
President Kamala Harris’ official residence in Washington, saying, “We’re
sending migrants to her backyard to call on the Biden Administration to do
its job & secure the border.”

Biden tapped Harris last year to lead efforts to address the “root causes”
of migration, but the crisis at the border instead worsened.

Biden on Thursday night slammed Abbott and DeSantis, telling a Hispanic
Heritage Month gala in DC that his administration has “a process in place
to manage migrants.”

“Republicans are playing politics with human beings, using them as props.
What they’re doing is simply wrong, it’s un-American, it’s reckless,”
Biden said. “And we have a process in place to manage migrants at the
border. We’re working to make sure it’s safe and orderly and humane.”

Biden added, “Republican officials should not interfere with that process
by waging these political stunts. It’s long overdue for Senate Republicans
to come to the table to provide a pathway to citizenship for Dreamers,
those on temporary status, farmworkers and essential workers. We need to
modernize our laws so businesses get workers they need and families don’t
have to wait decades to be brought back together. It’s time to get it
done. That’s why we have to win this off-year election.”

https://nypost.com/2022/09/16/marthas-vineyard-migrants-sent-to-cape-cod-
mass-calls-national-guard/
Never left
2022-09-17 17:37:35 UTC
Post by zinn
[...]
Well said! Vote blue, get your illegal aliens!
Post by zinn
Abbott’s efforts to bus migrants to Washington, New York City and
Chicago sparked panic and anger among local mayors. Democratic DC
Mayor Muriel Bowser declared a “state of emergency” and Chicago’s
Democratic Mayor Lori Lightfoot allegedly put migrants back on a bus —
to a Republican-leaning suburb.
On Thursday, Abbott’s administration delivered 101 migrants to Vice
President Kamala Harris’ official residence in Washington, saying,
“We’re sending migrants to her backyard to call on the Biden
Administration to do its job & secure the border.”
Biden tapped Harris last year to lead efforts to address the “root
causes” of migration, but the crisis at the border instead worsened.
Right. He expected that goofy skank to have a backbone?
Post by zinn
Biden on Thursday night slammed Abbott and DeSantis, telling a
Hispanic Heritage Month gala in DC that his administration has “a
process in place to manage migrants.”
“Republicans are playing politics with human beings, using them as
props. What they’re doing is simply wrong, it’s un-American, it’s
reckless,” Biden said. “And we have a process in place to manage
migrants at the border. We’re working to make sure it’s safe and
orderly and humane.”
There is no process. It's a daily mob of invading illegals streaming
across the border.